Tyler Young Artists
Performing in outreach production of Billy Goats Gruff and in Mainstage Carmen
Audra Casebier, soprano
Brooke Larimer, mezzo-soprano
Mark Craig, tenor
Colin Levin, baritone
Performing in Mainstage Hansel & Gretel
Rebecca Shorstein, soprano
Jennifer Lazarz, mezzo-soprano
Lyndon England, counter-tenor
Joseph Flaxman, baritone
Accompanist and vocal coach Thomas Getty, the resident coach for the Tyler Young Artist Program
Please check this page in the Fall of 2016 for the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 application.
All Young Artists will have a supporting role on the mainstage and roles in outreach programming of a 30-minute children’s opera. They sing diverse concerts of opera and cross-over repertoire for public and private events. Program has an experienced coach dedicated fulltime to the program who provides multiple weekly music coachings on Opera on the James repertoire AND personal repertoire chosen by the artist. Dramatic coachings and access to language conversation sessions, business planning, etc. aligned with individual artist’s needs as determined.
We are pleased to provide the Tyler Young Artists:
- A weekly stipend
- Host housing with private bath
- Reimbursement of roundtrip travel to/from Lynchburg up to $250 total
- Coachings with coach assigned only to the YAP on both Opera on the James and artist’s other repertoire
- Masterclasses and career meetings with Cecelia Schieve, General Director, as well as the mainstage director, conductor, and other guests
- Informal language sessions with Italian, French and German native speakers as requested by artist.
YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN LOCAL TRANSPORTATION.