Tyler Young Artist Program
Sorry, but we are no longer taking applications for Fall 2017 & Spring 2018. Visit this page in late summer/early fall 2017 for information about next year’s auditions.
All Young Artists will have a supporting role on the mainstage and roles in outreach programming of a 30-minute children’s opera. They sing diverse concerts of opera and cross-over repertoire for public and private events. Program has an experienced coach dedicated fulltime to the program who provides multiple weekly music coachings on Opera on the James repertoire AND personal repertoire chosen by the artist. Dramatic coachings and access to language conversation sessions, business planning, etc. aligned with individual artist’s needs as determined.
We are pleased to provide the Tyler Young Artists:
- A weekly stipend
- Host housing with private bath
- Reimbursement of roundtrip travel to/from Lynchburg up to $250 total
- Coachings with coach assigned only to the YAP on both Opera on the James and artist’s other repertoire
- Masterclasses and career meetings with Cecelia Schieve, General Director, as well as the mainstage director, conductor, and other guests
- Informal language sessions with Italian, French and German native speakers as requested by artist.
YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN LOCAL TRANSPORTATION AND BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.